FAQs – Players
You choose a username when you sign into a MegaFans game for the first time. To change your username, avatar, or contact details, click on the icon located at the top right on the main menu page. Click on account and modify your details. Your changes are automatically saved.
Under main menu, click on Account, then Personal Information. You can edit your first and last name, email address, mailing address. When changes are complete, click update to save.
Click on the icon located at the top right on the main menu page. Open your Profile. After clicking on your avatar, you can upload a new image and change your username. Changes are automatically saved.
Under main menu, click on Account, then Change Password. Enter your current password, then type in a new password. Click update to save. You can now log in with your new password.
Yes. Your username, password and cash balance will allow you to play across all available MegaFans games from any device. Go to https://www.megafans.com/games/ for a complete list of available games.
MegaFans is where people come to play for fun and win prizes! Our multiplayer tournament platform lets you play mobile games and compete with people around the world. Whether you are a novice player, developer or expert at both, MegaFans is about bringing out the gamer in you! We take game play very seriously with our Gamer Relationship Management, so everyone has the best experience with our platform, games, tournaments and live events! MegaFans is for everyone - from the casual gamer or developer to tournament champion and everyone in between. The point is to have fun! And if you happen to level up, you can try your new skill set publishing your games or playing against friends or challenge anyone around the world and play our e-sports tournaments for prizes and bragging rights!
Yes! Click on the Store button on the main menu page. Enter your PayPal or credit card account information. You can now use your funds to play in cash tournaments and win cash prizes.
There is no fee to join MegaFans and our games include several no-fee tournaments. Tournament cost will vary, but some with cash prizes cost less than $1.00 to enter.
Yes! Game outcomes are based on player ability, not luck. Player skill determines tournament winners. MegaFans provides the platform to play and does not collect any profit based on tournament outcomes. You can find cash competitions across an array of sports from chess to golf, where tournaments enable participants to showcase their abilities and win money if they outpace competitors. MegaFans expands this landscape to include skill-driven competitions on mobile devices, with player ability determining the outcomes.
PLAYING THE GAMES
If you have a mobile device, you can compete in MegaFans tournaments, but only those older than 18 years old may play in cash tournaments. Some areas of the world and certain U.S. states have not yet enabled cash play. In the United States, cash competitions are prohibited in AZ, AR, CT, DE, FL, LA, MD, MT, SC, SD, and TN. Cash play games with playing cards are prohibited in ME and IN. To play for cash in eligible areas, enable your device’s location settings.
Playing games on the MegaFans platform is easy. Download our app, select your game, and play. Our multiplayer tournament platform lets you play mobile games and compete with people around the world. There is no fee to join MegaFans and our games include several no-fee tournaments.
Under main menu, open Leaderboard/History.
In an unlimited entry event, you can participate multiple times, with the goal of reaching your highest score. Each time you participate, you’ll be charged an entry fee. Ties are prohibited in unlimited entry events. If you achieve the same score as another player, your rank (and the winner) will be based on who reached that score first.
Although MegaFans works to match players quickly, you may have to wait up to several days if a player with your ability and game history isn’t available. If a player can’t be found, the tournament will be cancelled, and your entry fees will be refunded. Because MegaFans is committed to delivering the best game experience for each player, only players with similar skill levels will be matched.
Ties are resolved with tie-breaker matches. Tie-breakers will continue until a winner emerges. In unlimited entry matches, if you achieve the same score as another player, your rank (and the winner) will be based on who reached that score first.
Players may rejoin a bracketed tournament as a new play after losing a bracket if open slots are available, and a new entry fee is paid.
Not yet, because recording isn’t possible on all mobile devices. MegaFans monitors device capability and will deliver replays as mobile technology develops.
How do I know a game match is based on skill?
BONUSES AND PRIZES
Bonus cash is an in-game reward you can use to enter tournaments with cash prizes. Since bonus cash is an in-game currency, you can’t withdraw it. When you do make a withdrawal, your bonus cash balance will return to zero.
Bonus cash can be awarded for a variety of reasons. You may be awarded bonus cash for logging into a game. You may get bonus cash when you make a cash deposit into your account. If you enter into a streamer partnership with MegaFans, you’ll be awarded bonus cash for installs.
When you achieve MegaFans milestones, you’ll be given ‘trophies’ to redeem for additional cash. Milestones range from simple activities like changing your username after your first login to winning your first cash tournament. Under the main menu, click on Achievements to redeem your trophies.
MegaPoints are an in-game reward earned each time you play, even if you don’t win your match. Play more often, and you’ll have a higher multiplier and earn more MegaPoints. MegaPoints aren’t cash and can’t be sold or transferred but can be exchanged for prizes. Just go to the main menu and click on Achievements to redeem your MegaPoints.
Cash players are members of the MegaFans Professional League. The leaderboard tallies medals won by each player and rewards the top-ranking players. A medal is awarded for each $1 of prize money earned.
MegaFans VIP Program is available to players reaching the highest multiplier level of MegaPoints.
DEPOSITS AND WITHDRAWALS
You can make deposits to your MegaFans account with a PayPal. Just click to Enter a Tournament and choose the token amount you want to buy. You’re ready to play!
When you select a tournament or game with an entry fee, the Tokens will automatically be withdrawn from your deposit balance.
You can withdraw your cash balance at any time by cashing out your Tokens.
Your total deposit amount will be sent back to the form of payment you used to make the deposit via PayPal. For U.S. players, any winnings exceeding your total deposits will be issued to you by check and mailed to the address you provided in your account details. Players outside the U.S. will receive winnings via PayPal.
Withdrawals can take between 4 and 6 weeks to process, since each transaction is handled manually to maintain security, but you may receive your funds earlier.
Go to www.MegaFans.com/ContactUs and you’ll be able to fill out a form to contact customer service.
You have two options to report a crashed game.
- Submit your Match ID from the crashed game along with a support ticket to customer service. To find your Match ID, open the MegaFans app, click on ‘Home’, choose ‘Completed’ and then ‘Crashed.’ Click on the game that crashed. Your Match ID will be at the bottom of the detail screen.
- If MegaFans determines a game has crashed, you’ll see a Report Problem button after seeing game results. Click on the button and follow the steps to report the issue.
You’ll receive confirmation that your withdrawal request has been processed. U.S. customers will receive a paper check one to two weeks after confirmation. Contact customer service if you haven’t received your check within two weeks.
Tournaments are also rotated based on player feedback and MegaFans internal testing.
FAQs – Developers
NEED TO KNOW
- Receiving Payments
- Invite Additional Team Members
- Guide to In App Billing
- Supported Countries for In App Billing
- In App Billing Configuration for Unsupported Countries
- Apple Rejections and How to Respond
- Facebook Install Invalidation Setup (iOS)
- Custom Theme
- Single Sign On
- Tournament Types
- Videos and Examples
- Anti-Cheating Techniques
- Linking a Megafans Only SKU With Your Original SKU
- Game Menu Optimization
- Call to Action Button Samples
- Apple App Store Submission
- Enable your players to compete for real-world prizes
- User Experience and App Design Guidelines
- Welcome Back
- Upgrade, Login, and Logout
- Report Score
- When you’ve set up your account on the MegaFans Developer Portal, follow these steps to add your game to the platform:
- Go to the Developer Portal dashboard. Contact MegaFans to Get Started Add Your Game button. Download the MegaFans SDK and integrate it. Your game will have a unique ID that you’ll use during the integration process. MegaFans will be able identify your game and register it with the server for testing.
- Identify Game Assets. Here you’ll put in your game description, URL, icon and a screenshot for use on the MegaFans game portal. This information will also generate awareness and provide how-tos about your game.
- Point your game to the MegaFans production location, upload the binary code and submit. The MegaFans team will review and release your game onto the platform.
- Set up Push Notifications. You have the option to use MegaFans push notifications to contact potential players.
- Evaluate Performance. Contact MegaFans to track your game and request enabling of cash tournaments.
- If you are working with iOS, MegaFans requires:
- at least Xcode 9.0
- At least 9.0 deployment target If you are working with Android, you’ll need:
- API of 19 or higher
- Android Studio 2.x+ project
- A gradle build system If you are working with Unity, MegaFans requires the 2018 version.
- MegaFans can provide technical support for the following game engines:
- Native (Android & iOS)
- Unity (Android & iOS) When wrappers or extensions are in place from developers, these will facilitate MegaFans integration. Third-party software development kits are allowed from:
- Swift (Cocoa & Cocoa Touch)
MegaFans will provide documentation support for iOS, Android and Unity to help with the integration process. If you can’t find a solution there, use the MegaFans contact form for additional support. TestFlight is available through Apple’s iTunes Connect to best test your game. MegaFans' customer service team can use this test build to help resolve integration issues.
- MegaFans eSports platform is a free, easy-to-execute, robust multiplayer, mobile game system.
The competitive platform offers players:
- Multiplayer tournaments
- Player chats
- Leaderboards and teams
- MegaPoints loyalty program
- Compatibility with Apple and Android MegaFans provides the behind-the-scenes support to ensure your players are engaged, including:
- 24/7 customer service
- Industry-standard security measures to prevent cheating and fraud
- Analytics to help you optimize your game
Players have the option to use in-game currency for contests.
- Yes! Game outcomes are based on player ability, not luck. Player skill determines tournament winners. MegaFans provides the platform to play and does not collect any profit based on tournament outcomes.
You can find cash competitions across an array of sports from chess to golf, where tournaments enable participants to showcase their abilities and win money if they outpace competitors. MegaFans expands this landscape to include skill-driven competitions on mobile devices, with player ability determining the outcomes.
When assessing if your game is a game of skill, answer the following questions:
- Does skill determine the game outcome?
- Are tie-breaking events decided by skill?
- Does the format of the game allow skilled players to consistently outpace competitors with less skill?
- Is the element of guessing removed from the game?
- Does the game have specific rules preventing calculating the odds of success?
- Does the game minimize randomness? MegaFans follows United States Federal and State regulations for gaming. Residency is verified. IP address and location services are used to confirm eligibility to participate in cash games. And players must be at least 18 years old to participate.